Michael W. Eder
AWS Solutions Architect Associate 2019
Mount Saint Joseph High School 2004 CCBC Catonsville - Associates Degree Automotive Engineering 2006
SRE Lead / Live Engineering, Bethesda.net
Apr. 2019 - Present
- Lead team of 8 local and remote engineers from various backgrounds.
- Troubleshoot and resolve player impacting issues in Production.
- Support game team integration into BNET platform.
- Define and monitor SLI’s and SLO’s for platform services.
- Identify service performance optimizations.
- Total cost of ownership reductions through improving AWS resource utilization.
- Present regular platform performance reports to leadership.
- Ongoing contributions to platform language migration from Python to Golang.
Software Engineer / Core Engineering, Bethesda.net
Feb. 2017 - Apr. 2019
- AWS architecture solutions implementation and usage governance.
- Architect and operate sharded service infrastructure and 1000+ node ECS clusters.
- Built, maintained and supported Python services that make up the BNET API.
- Apply NewRelic instrumentation to stacks of Python, NodeJS, and Java applications.
- Primary development contributions to API key system, client messaging/MOTD, event logging and publishing systems.
- Maintain and bug fix common core library while supporting feature integration teams.
- Migrated platform deployment from monolithic EC2 instances to Docker/ECS micro services, based on common core library.
- Designed and built high volume Fluentd, Elasticsearch and Kibana logging solution.
Tools Administrator, Zenimax Online Studios
Apr. 2016 - Feb. 2017
- Live Operations monitoring, alerting tools integration and development.
- ServiceNow administration, customization and development.
- Slack integration and bot development.
- Technical lead for migration from ServiceNow to ChangeGear ticketing systems.
System Administrator, Zenimax Online Studios
Aug. 2014 - Apr. 2016
Operations and Development support for various game studios within the Bethesda/Zenimax Media umbrella. - Run and monitor game builds - AntHill Pro, Jenkins CI, and Team City. - Investigate failed builds, escalate to game engineers as necessary. - Deploy approved builds to datacenter and AWS. - Infrastructure maintenance and vendor support coordination. - Apply updates to virtual hosts and patch server operating systems. - Server configuration management via Chef. - Monitoring health of various environments and infrastructure via Graphite and Grafana. - Splunk for exploit investigations, error finding/log diving. - Update and improve tools used in the NOC such as Geckoboard widgets, Shinken configurations and ServiceNow dashboards. - Contribute to knowledge base and documentation in Confluence.
- Rage 2 (2019) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- Fallout 76 (2018) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- Prey: Mooncrash (2018) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (2017) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- The Evil Within 2 (2017) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- Prey (2017) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Heroes of Skyrim (2017) Operations Systems Admins
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind (2017) Bethesda.net Engineering Team
- Quake: Champions (Early Access Edition) (2017) Operations Systems Admins
- Dishonored 2 (2016) Tools Admin
- DOOM (2016) Live Operations Systems Admins
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition (2016) Tools Admin
- Fallout 4 (2015) Operations Systems Admins